Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Opening in the Works!

As a follow-up to yesterday's post, I wanted to mention the opening title sequence I'm working on for future "I dream about the earth" episodes. It is going to be a rotating miniature set, with little animated figures and things moving all over it. It ends on a little continent where a little clay guy in a suit is sleeping on a bed, and the title will appear. Here are a few in progress shots of this nonsense:






So hopefully I can do this well. I haven't actually done claymation since I was in middle school. I was also thinking about using this little set to animate other moments in the show. Kind of like how Zoboomafoo did. This whole design is pretty heavily influenced by the old Aardman Animation logo that I used to see a lot when I was a kid:


Anyways that's all! I'll be animating it this weekend, and hopefully (not promising) I'll have it done by next episode. At the same time maybe not... I wanted to have a really awesome opening theme as well. We'll seeeeee...

No comments:

Post a Comment