A figure I've been working on for a logo animation:
I tried a new process with this one. Instead of using oil-based clay that would stay soft while animating, I went ahead and sculpted it with clay I could bake to harden. After working it right onto a wire armature, I put the entire figure (wire and all) into the oven. I built it with this in mind, leaving space in between the joints where bare wire would allow for movement after baking. It worked out really well, as no harm was done to the wire frame, and now I won't have to deal with an oily mess of clay melting off of figure while under hot studio lights.
Here is a look at the figure unpainted and unbaked:
I'm really excited about this process, albeit nothing too crazy or new, it makes things a lot easier. It being a skeleton let me get away with more exposed joints, though I imagine if it were a more organic character, I could hide them with fabric or something.