Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Sparrow Finished-er and Beyond

    I've added some more technical nonsense to the model to make certain shots more interesting. Now there is some more stuff covering the areas of the glass I didn't like. 


Thinking about making 1 or two other ships to have sitting idly in the background. We'll see though, I'd like to start building some set pieces and storyboarding. The reason I've been building assets first is because I'd like to keep in mind certain physical limitations/capabilities of the models while I plan out the shots. 
I've had a lot of different landscapes and architecture buzzing around my head for this, things from yellowstone to dense english villages. I need to nail this look down before I do anything else. 
Also looking into a new computer, I need to up my tech game before I take on another big project. It'll be expensive but worth it. 
I'm still conflicted about how to shoot this. I imagine I'll need to bring some greenscreen skills back up to speed for wider shots. I will be animating with these "helping hands". They've already been delivered and they are AWESOME. It's a solid 8' by 8' or so, and really sturdy. Excited to actually work with some stiffer ball and socket joints. 
I also don't know how I'd like to animated the characters. My first thought was to have the characters appear minimally and as 2d animations. Their designs are simple enough. The only example of this juxtaposition I know of is "Dancing on the Moon":


Lots of techniques I wanted to employ with 2d on 3d are present, including the large rotating set piece set against a static background. I'm sure there are other examples out there, but searching for them specifically hasn't yielded much. 

More junk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment