Sunday, October 21, 2012

Everything Is In Progress Forever

I've been kind of all over the place the past week; there are 3 big projects that I'm trying to get done at the moment. The new episode of I Dream About the Earth is being edited (whenever green-screen bits are used for any project, you can pretty much tack on a few more days of work), I'm getting ready to reanimate the miniature globe set with more attention to the light and consistency of rotation, aaaand there's the paper cut-out animation for wonder wonder that I'm also working on.

So I've been really busy despite it being a little quite up here the past week. It's actually felt a little strange because these are all different mediums and stuff, but they feel very similar- as if they are all sharing some kind of tone or aesthetic or something. I'm totally for this though, the cohesion has pushed me to try and get these things done faster. So, if I can do that, expect a few big posts up here this coming week.

I've got this lighting project that I'm supposed to be doing too (however I'm playing with the idea of turning in the IDAE episode for that seeing as how the subject is light) but if I have time, I was thinking about doing something similar to an old project that I worked on:


I made this video using all public domain footage and music. I was really into the thought of mixing science fiction with opera, for no specific reason I guess haha. I was watching and reading a lot of stuff like "2001: a space odyssey", the comic "2001 nights", and the animated short "Magnetic Rose".

Anyways, I know old projects are as exciting as used socks, but I can't really post up anything yet. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday I'll have gotten through one of these beasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment