Sunday, March 3, 2013

Owl Scene

Shooting a new scene today with the little owl figure that I had posted a while ago. I also have a few new additions to the sets I'm using. One is a castle that I'm using to juxtapose over a character that will be shot outside in a scene where Fionn tries to enter under the service of a king.


And here is the open field where some of the interaction between Fionn and Finnegas (the owl-y figure) occurs:


There will actually be a black curtain over the green-screen, and the field will be lit sort of as if there was a bonfire near it. Hopefully that works... otherwise I'll have to get creative with positioning the field in front of the already made set. Which would work, I just like the idea of an open field, it adds to the kind of enigmatic feel of Finnegas.

I'm mostly posting this because I need something to do while my camera battery charges. I'm working with my own t4i today, but I only have one battery so I have to charge it after every take.

For the bonfire scene so far, I've been able to get an interesting flicker with the small, orange LED light being cast over the set. There's a knob on the side that I've been adjusting for every frame. It's been a really big hassle to pay attention to that along with the animation, but so far it has really paid off. I've been waiting to do this scene for a while, but for some reason never realized how much work it would be. Lucky me, I want to do this for the entire scene. Maybe they'll write a song about this valiant effort in lighting after I die in a few hours.

Anyways, I also finished the sound for the fighting scene, and it turned out fantastically. Again freesound.org came through. I did have a strange cache of noises from one trip out to the woods that ended up working really nicely with the stick hitting/breaking noises. so yay!

Anyways, battery's done. Gonna try and jump on as much as I can get done today, because this set up takes a while to prep/take down. YUSSSS

No comments:

Post a Comment