Saturday, June 15, 2013

New Music

I've been working almost day and night on this EP. For anyone who follows this blog exclusively, here's a rough cut of one of the main tracks. I don't want to post the full site anywhere until I finish all 5-6 tracks.

Lost Cells (link)

It's a bit more funky than I'm used to, but it has been a lot of fun to put together. Just a bit about this track: The main chords were recorded from playing an old Funmachine organ (my child) that I still have back in Virginia, and the bass was recorded live as well. This track's beat is pretty straight-forward, without as much experimentation. With most of the other music I'm working on, I've done a lot more with field recordings and found noises for percussion. I still tried to keep a static-y aesthetic overall. Anyways, hope it's something worth listening to, lemme know what you think!

1 comment: