Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shooting Today! Finally...

Yay! It has taken a while to get it to a good point, but the set is all natured and mossed up and ready to light. Here was a quick snapshot I did in the shooting room to see what it may look like.


This first day of shooting, I was going to try for a really minimal scene lit by a tiny bonfire that Fionn is sitting near. Not too sure where it would be used in the story, but if it moves/looks okay I'll find a spot for it. Luckily for me, the episode is going to go through it in a nonlinear manner, making animating it go a little more loosely. Which is good! because I imagine I'm going to find a lot of pitfalls in shooting this. This will be a pretty new experience because I'm jumping around a lot with the shots, and focusing in on a lot of smaller areas. Anyways, looks like my camera battery is good to go. (Unfortunately I work in about an hour, so I'm only going to be able to do a quick test.)

this will also be the first time I've used dragonframe. I'm a little nervous about new technology, but from the looks of it, it will definitely be worth the effort. For instance, I'll be able to see what the previous frame was, overlaid on the new shot, and be able to gauge how much movement has occurred.

But yeah, anyways here is one of my favorite music videos/stop motion animations, which used dragonframe to compile and edit everything.


Wish me luck! I'll try to get the exported test out tonight or tomorrow!
WEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment